The pier is located northeast of Waukegan harbor
Directions to the Johnson Pier:
- From I-94, take Highway 132 (Grand Ave) east.
- Continue till the road ends.
- South (Right) on Pershing Rd.
- East (Left) on Clayton St.
- North (Left) on Sea horse Drive.
- Continue on Sea horse Dr to the Waukegan Beach parking lot at the end of the road.
Fishing options at the Johnson Pier:
- Casting spoons, jigs or lures.
- Bobber or Tightline fishing.
Best times to fish the Johnson Pier:
- Coho Salmon - April, May and October.
- Chinook Salmon - April, May and September through October.
- Brown Trout - October through June.
- Steelhead - October through May.
- Perch - May through July.
- Smelt - April and May.