Sweet and Sour Trout
- 1 lb trout fillets boned and skinned
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- 1 green pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into ¼ wedges and separated.
- 8 ounce can of pineapple chunks, drained, reserving all juice
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
Pat the trout fillets dry and coat with the cornstarch. Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the trout fillets. Cook the fillets for 5 minutes and then turn and cook the other side for 5 minutes adding two tablespoons of cooking sherry when turned. The trout should flake easily with a fork. Remove the fillets from the skillet and keep warm.
Heat 2 tablespoon of sesame oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the green pepper, red pepper and onion pieces and stir fry for only 3 minutes. Add the sweet and sour sauce mixture to the skillet with the vegetables. Stir the sauce till thickened. Add the pineapple chunks and cook till heated. Serve Trout fillets over rice and spoon the Sweet and Sour sauce and vegetable and pineapple over the fillets.