Smoked Trout Rangoons
Smoked Trout Rangoons are a variation on the standard Crab Rangoon recipe. We made the rangoons substituting Smoked Trout with sucess.
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 green onions finely chopped (also use 3 inches of the green stem)
- ½ cup of smoked trout, flaked, all bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 30 Wonton wrappers (keep wonton wrappers covered with a damp paper towel, they dry out quickly once the package is opened)
- Canola Oil for Frying
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese until smooth. Add the minced green onion, garlic, and smoked trout. Blend till smooth. Place 1 ½ teaspoons of the cream cheese smoked trout filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water and fold the opposite corners of the wrapper over the filling. Press the edges to seal the wrapper. We usually make a batch of 8 to 10 rangoons and then cook each batch.
In an electric skillet heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees. Fry the batches of rangoons for 1 to 2 minutes till golden brown, carefully turn each Rangoon once. Drain golden brown rangoons on paper towels. Keep warm in a warming oven. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.