Salmon Cakes with Remoulade Sauce Recipe Texas Style
- 1 lb or 2 cups cooked (leftover) Salmon or Trout crumbled.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground mustard
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup coarse ground mustard
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cellery
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
In a medium bowl combine the Crumbled Salmon or Trout, onion, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, mustard, and beaten egg. Mix well. Shape into 6 cakes. Coat each cake in the bread crumbs. In a skillet heat vegetable oil 1/2 inch deep for frying. Fry cakes in hot oil till golden brown carefully the cakes turning only once. Drain the salmon cakes on paper towels. Move cakes to serving platter and serve with the chilled remoulade sauce.
In a blender mix the mayonnaise and mustard. Slowly pour in the Oil while blending at low speed. Add remaining sauce ingredients and blend at medium speed for 1 minute. Remove and refrigerate the sauce for at least 1 hour prior to serving.