Pan Seared Trout with Ginger Hoisin Glaze
Pan searing trout is an easy way to prepare fish. Cooking over high heat will caramelize the outside and still leave the inside moist and tender.
- 2 medium Trout filets (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 green onions sliced into 1/4 inch pieces only slice three inches of the green part from each stem
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
In a small bowl mix together the Hoisin sauce, grated ginger, sliced green onions, red pepper, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. Set aside.
Add olive oil to a frying pan and heat over high heat almost till smoking. Season the trout filets with the salt, pepper, and sugar on both sides. Add the trout filets to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes, uncovered. Carefully turn the trout filet and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Pour the Ginger Hoisin glaze over the trout filets, cover the pan and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve. Pour remaining sauce over filets.