Great Lakes Angler Super Salmon Clinic
The Great Lakes Angler Super Salmon Schools presented by Capt. Dan Keating and outdoor communicator Dave Mull. The full day clinic will cost $60.00 and includes a free goodie bag and lunch that will be provided.
Pre-registration is required to reserve a seat at the GLA Super Salmon Clinic. For more details, and to reserve a spot:
Call Captain Dan Keating at 847-395-5730.
February 15 & 16, 2014 Clinic Information, Schedule and Topics:
- GLA Super Salmon Clinic. Cost $60.00 per day. Topics will be repeated on both days
(includes lunch and a goodie bag with salmon tackle).
Call 847-395-5730 to register.
- Open at 8:00am - Registration
- The Clinic starts at 9:00am
- Super Salmon Clinic Topics Include:
- Boat Set Up, how to leverage available space to maximize productivity.
- Targeting Kings:
- Locating and catching them through the day
- Variables impacting Kings and how to find them
- Lure selection changes as conditions change
- How to locate and catch kings from the Abyss
- Where do the fish go when weather/conditions change?
- Advanced Steelhead tactics for Spring, Summer and Fall
- Tactics-blending the old and new:
- Advanced copper techniques
- Lead core
- How to catch fish all day long on downriggers
- Lite line
- Torpedo SWR-ultimate stealth weapon
- Meat presentations
- Types of currents
- Impact of currents on water stratification and fish location
- Impact on boats and trolling spreads
- Lure Selection-what's new, what works, how to read the environment and interpret the mood of the fish to choose lures.
- Small boat spreads
- How to engineer productive trolling spreads and how to target multiple species, simultaneously.
- In Store Specials, Door Prizes and a raffle will be available.