The harbor contains the only public boat launch ramps in the City of Waukegan.
Directions to the Waukegan Harbor:
- From I-94, take Highway 132 (Grand Ave) east.
- Continue till the road ends.
- South (Right) on Pershing Rd.
- East (Left) on Madison St.
- The entrance to the harbor parking lot is immediately on the right side of the road.
Fishing options at the Waukegan Harbor:
- Casting spoons, jigs or lures.
- There is too much boat traffic for Bobber or Tightline fishing.
Best times to fish the Waukegan Harbor:
- Coho Salmon - October.
- Chinook Salmon - September through October.
- Brown Trout - October through April.
- Steelhead - November through April.