Great Lakes Angler Super Salmon Clinic
The Great Lakes Angler Super Salmon Schools presented by Capt. Dan Keating. The full day clinic will cost $60.00 and includes a free goodie bag and lunch that will be provided.
Pre-registration is required to reserve a seat at the GLA Super Salmon Clinic. For more details, and to reserve a spot:
Call Captain Dan Keating at 847-395-5730.
January 28 & 29, 2017 Clinic Information, Schedule and Topics:
- Great Lakes Angler Super Salmon School
Locating and Catching Fish in a Changing Environment
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Sunday, January 29, 2017
Captain Dan Keating
Captain Arnie Arredondo-Guest Presenter
Captain Arnie will share the secrets for adjusting spreads that have made him one of the best charter captains on the Lake, and a highly competitive tournament angler.
- This year’s School is multi-species oriented. Over the past two seasons, being able to locate fish is more important than ever. At our school we are going to share countless hours of real, on-the-water experience. This knowledge is invaluable to recreational anglers and will save you $$ on fuel and time. Anglers who know how to target all 5 species, will continue to catch fish in this new fishery-don’t be left out of the action
Topics covered include:
- Seasonal Strategies for locating Kings, Coho, Steelhead, Lake Trout and Brown Trout.
- Multi-species presentations.
- Variables impacting fish movements and how to adjust accordingly. Learn how to determine which species to target.
- How to catch kings all day long.
- Cutting edge stealth tactics.
- Old School tactics and how to weave the old and the new into irresistible spreads.
- Lure selection—this seminar will save you big $ and help you to buy the right tackle for the job! Learn when to change lures, and when to stick with the winners. We’ll teach you not only what lures to buy, where and how to run them.
- Impact of currents on the Lake, fish, and lure spreads. Learn how to read and analyze currents, and how to anticipate where fish will be based on local weather patterns. Learn how to make adjustments to your trolling spread in tough currents.
- Boat control.
- Small boat spreads.
- How to effectively use your electronics!
- Learn how to read the clues the water, sky and fish give you and make wise decisions on the water.
- Location: Lake Michigan Angler 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Cost is $60 and includes lunch, goody bag and raffle
- Call 847.395.5730 or email bluehorizonsportfishing@gmail to register
- In Store Specials, Door Prizes and a raffle will be available.