The south rocks are located at the southern edge of the Waukegan Marina.
Directions to the South Rocks:
- From I-94, take Highway 132 (Grand Ave) east.
- Continue till the road ends.
- South (Right) on Pershing Rd.
- Immediately after Madison Street there is an entrance to the Waukegan Marina to the East (Left). Ring the bell and tell the harbor security you want to fish the south rocks. Drive south to the end of the parking lot.
Fishing options at the South Rocks:
- Casting spoons, jigs or lures.
- Bobber or Tightline fishing.
Best times to fish the South Rocks:
- Coho Salmon - April, May and October.
- Chinook Salmon - September through October.
- Brown Trout - October through April.
- Steelhead - November through April.